Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Daniel Powter's Got Nothin' on this Girl!

I had such a good day today. Oh, and sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. Sickness becomes us, here at the Smith household; today, tomorrow and forever (or so it would seem). I had the best workout today. T and I walked for about 45 mins in the parking garage and IT...was...COLD! But cold is good. It forces you to move faster so you can stay warm and I think we did an awesome job. Work's been good this week and I haven't been bobble-heading it on my desk. I think I'm getting more energy from the workouts and less sugar. I'm sure going to bed by 10:30 instead of 12:30 has something to do with it also.

One of my sister's put together a fitness challenge for our family, for those that wanted to participate. You basically get points for doing certain things, like if you exercise for 20 mins, 4 x a week, you get 5 points each day. Drink 64 oz of water a day, eat 5 servings of fruit and/or veggies each day and only 1 sweet a week (awe man!). The challenge started on Monday, so I guess it's the end of the 2nd day. I'm feeling really good! I need this to help me with my own personal goals, because otherwise I probably wouldn't pay as much attention to my diet, especially on the sweets things. One year, long long ago, before either of us were married, said sister and I did no sugar for 6 months. Can you believe that?! I don't even think I would still be alive after 6 months of no sugar if I tried that now. After having kids and dealing with perpetual tiredness that comes with being a parent, a responsible parent, well sometimes an ice cold cherry coke is the only thing keeping me sane and not strangling someone. Anyway, the fitness challenge goes for 8 weeks. The person with the most points at the end gets the pot. I don't even know how many people are doing it, but I know I need this and I'm excited to give some people a run for their money. Literally. Mama needs a new pair of anything!

I'm getting really excited for the fitness classes I'll be teaching. I hope it comes together when I'm not just playing it out in my mind and I really hope I can keep up with my own class. In my mind, I can still do all the things I used to be able to do. But I'm sure I'll be winded and tired. I was talking to a close friend today about life and some of the struggles we've had, that she is aware of, and vice verse. I always love being able to get others points of view, especially when someone knows the history of your woes and is always there for you. It helped me to refocus my thoughts back to the concept of "letting go". I think this just needs to be my mantra. "Let GO...Let GO...Let GO." "Have Faith....Have Faith.....Have FAITH". The last few days I've been stressing and not being to subtle to hubby about the oh so very imminent need to "get things resolved" and "figure out a game plan". I am a planner. I like to be prepared. Not to say that I can't be spontaneous, but I'm no where near what I used to be for spontaneity. I am tired, and old (feeling). The thought of the work and effort it takes to do certain things really just makes me tired and so I don't. It's pretty pathetic and I don't want to be that way. I felt a lot better after talking with this dear friend, that I don't have to have it all figured out right now, I don't even really need a game plan. I just need to have a thought or an idea and if it feels right, then I go with it. So again, here I am, back to the basics Cami. Always look for the positive and every day tell yourself, out loud, something that you like about yourself, something that makes you a good person. We get too caught up in the world, too caught up in the motions of life, sometimes we get bogged down but a stupid mistake or a moment of impatience when we might say something we later regret. Forgive and forget. Forgive yourself. Move on and forget.

OK, I'd better sign off. I have a 3 yr old that keeps trying to type on my keyboard with his foot. (insert frustrated sigh...where's my cherry coke when I need one. I swear this kid is like a freak of nature. He doesn't nap anymore and will still be running in circles at 9:30pm. Heaven help me and my 5am alarm!)

Smile. You are worth it!! Have a GOOD Day!
Luvs.

4 comments:

  1. Cami- you make me laugh! I so know about the no nap thing...Olivia is the worst nap taker and won't go to bed until 10! It's crazy! Your class will be awesome! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, exercise for 30 minutes, 4 times a week. You better not be slacking in me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slacking on me, that is. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA Holls. I'm not. I've exercised 50 mins the last 2 days & today. But yes...sorry blog world! Hey I was typing in the dark with a 3 yr olds foot on the keyboard. That's impressive if I say so myself!

    And thanks Em! You make me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete